Personal tax preparation

Our Tax Services

We specialize in:

  • Self-employed taxes
  • Single Member LLC taxes
  • Rental income taxes
  • Stock traders taxes
  • Capital gain taxes

Personal Tax Preparation

At Public Tax Corp we prepare all types of personal tax returns, Federal and all State tax returns.

To start with your personal tax preparation follow these easy steps:

  • Sign up to our secure portal
  • Select Personal tax return option on registration
  • Complete the Organizer
  • Upload your documents

Once you complete these easy steps we will review your profile & Personal Organizer and will get back to you shortly. No worries, if anything else needs to be done we'll navigate you step by step from this point.

At PUBLIC TAX CORP, we keep up with changes in the tax laws and are always looking for new ways to help our clients keep more money in their hands, instead of sending it to the IRS. Whether you are a self employed individual, W-2 earner, real estate rental owner, stock or crypto trader, a taxpayer with a foreign income, we have the skills to prepare your taxes in compliance with all Federal and State tax laws. We offer prompt, efficient preparation of all types of returns including business multi-state taxes and individual income tax returns.

Estimate your cost here:

Self-employed and SM LLC

Schedule C filers

Rental Income

Schedule E filers

Property sold

Report capital gain.

Foreign income

Evaluate FTC & exemption.

Stock or crypto traders

Report capital gain/loss

Foreign taxpayers

1040NR filers.

Filing Personal Taxes

Nearly 85 million people pay professional tax preparers to complete and file their tax returns. Unless the only income is a W-2, it is wise to have a professional like Public Tax Corp prepare the return. Some people with only W-2 income also use their services. A little preparation makes the process go smoothly.

Your filing status determines filing requirements, standard deduction, certain credit eligibility, and the amount of tax due. The filing statuses are:

  • Single
  • Qualified widow(er)
  • Married filing jointly
  • Head of household
  • Head of household

Single taxpayers are those who do not qualify for any other status. A qualifying widow(er) lost a spouse and has a dependent child at home. Most married taxpayers file Married filing jointly. Those who file Married filing separately may have married a high-earning individual, suspect their spouse is hiding income, or have tax liability issues. Heads of household filers are unmarried and provide at least half the cost of support and housing for others.

Businesses are required to report the income they acquire. The IRS has ways to verify the amount reported. Therefire, it is crucial to report correct information and documentation. You need to keep the records of receipts for the sale of goods or services, any goods returned,or business related expences.

Tax documents you receive that record taxable income, such as wages, interest, dividends, pensions, and Social Security, are reported on your federal tax return. You must also provide information about income from rental property or business income. If you have a business, the income and expenses are reported on Schedule C of the personal tax return. Taxpayers who own rental property report income and expenses on Schedule E for Form 1040.

Tax preparation services like Public Tax Corp have all the forms to file federal, state, and local taxes. Our firm keeps up with tax regulations and filing requirements. We file taxes electronically, which reduces the chance of mistakes and speeds up the filing process. Those who receive a refund have access to their funds sooner.